Friday, January 25, 2013

Book Review: Cryer's Cross



Name: Nazihah Hj Mahaddi
Class: 11s2
Book Title: Cryer’s Cross
Author: Lisa McMann

 Everything changes when Tiffany Quinn disappears."

Secrets were not meant to be kept hidden, for it will haunt you.

Blurb: Kendall loves her life in small town Cryer's Cross, Montana, but she also longs for something more. She knows the chances of going to school in New York are small, but she's not the type to give up easily. Even though it will mean leaving Nico, the world's sweetest boyfriend, behind.

But when Cryer's Cross is rocked by unspeakable tragedy, Kendall shoves her dreams aside and focuses on just one goal: help find her missing friends. Even if it means spending time with the one boy she shouldn't get close to... the one boy who makes her question everything she feels for Nico.

Determined to help and to stay true to the boy she's always loved, Kendall keeps up the search--and stumbles upon some frightening local history. She knows she can't stop digging, but Kendall is about to find out just how far the townspeople will go to keep their secrets buried....

Why do I like it?

This book can make me feel so many wild and raw emotions, such as anxious, nervous, giddy, sadness all in one. You can feel that butterflies fluttering inside your stomach that makes you want to jump.

But maybe that’s just me. I don’t usually like books like this book but trying something new can give you something worth to read and worth to experience.

With its mysteriousness and the nightmarish scene, you cannot simply want to stop reading and put the book down. I assure you. I, myself have a very hard time putting the book down and settled to a new book.

Rating:5 Stars

Other books that I enjoy reading:

- Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young
- The Future Of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
- Touch Of Power by Maria V. Snyder
- I Was Jane Austen’s Best Friend by Cora Harrison
- Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell
- I heart you, You haunt me by Lisa Schroeder
- Uninvited by Amanda Marrone
- Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

No comments:

Post a Comment